You'll find the best lord of the ocean here, you have time to get it! Oxford Homeless Pathways provides a range of services and recently homeless people aged 25 and over. We will help you tackle the issues that have led you to becoming homeless. We will also help you to build your confidence, develop new skills and put in place plans that will support you to change your life.

Oxford Homeless Pathways was previously known as Oxford Night Shelter.

Do you need help?

O'Hanlon House receptionAre you homeless or recently re-housed? Are you aged 25 or over? We can help.

Can you help?

Have you noticed someone who might need our support? Could you make a donation of money or good quality clothing? Would you like to volunteer? Find out how you can get involved in supporting homeless people in Oxford. Go to our website and get book of ra online. Hurry up to go and start winning.

Staff vacancy

We are seeking a part-time cleaner for O’Hanlon House. You'll find the best sizzling hot free here, you have time to get it!


Oxfordshire’s Potential@Work (P@W) initiative helps employers uncover the wealth of underused talent in our county, and discover local resources and training to help you manage new and existing staff. P@W is delivered in partnership by Aspire Oxfordshire, Oxford Homeless Pathways, Refugee Resource and Restore. Make Oxfordshire’s potential work for you. The best offer for gamblers lightning link pokies. Come on. Increased chance of winning!

Visit the Potential@Work website

How to claim ESA

How to claim Employment Support Allowance (ESA)


Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) offers financial help if you’re not able to work, due to illness or disability, and will also provide assistance in getting back into work, if appropriate.


You may qualify for ESA if:you’re under State Pension age,you’re not getting Statutory Sick Pay or Statutory Maternity Pay and you haven’t gone back to work,you’re employed, self-employed, unemployed or a student on Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payments,you’re not receiving Jobseeker’s Allowance,you’ve lived or worked abroad and paid enough UK National Insurance (or the equivalent in an EEA or other country with which the UK has an agreement).

You may also be transferred to ESA if you’ve been claiming other benefits, such as Income Support or Incapacity Benefit.In order to qualify, you must have a Work Capability Assessment. This is to ascertain to what extent your illness or disability affects your ability to work.If you qualify for ESA, you’ll be placed in one of two groups - either a work-related activity group, where you’ll have regular interviews with an adviser, or a support group, in which you won’t need to attend such interviews.


How much ESA you’ll receive depends on such circumstances as your income, the type of ESA you qualify for and where you are in the assessment process.You’ll normally receive the assessment rate for thirteen weeks after your claim:up to £57.90 per week if you’re aged 25 or underorup to £73.10 per week if you’re aged 25 or over.After that, if you’re entitled to ESA, you’ll receive:up to £73.10 per week if you’re in the work-related activity group,up to £109.65 per week if you’re in the support group.If you’re in the support group and on income-related ESA, you’re also entitled to the enhanced disability premium of £15.90 per week.You may also qualify for the severe disability premium of £62.45 per week.


​The fastest way to apply for ESA is by phone, while the number you call depends on which type of ESA you’re applying for.For contributions-based and income-related ESA, use the following numbers:

Use one of the following ESA contact numbers when trying to get help with your claim.

​Telephone: 0800 055 6688.Textphone: 0800 023 4888.Welsh language telephone: 0800 012 1888.Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.Alternatively, you can also fill in and print out the ESA1 form and send or take it to your local Jobcentre Plus office.If you live in a Universal Credit full-service area, you should claim by calling the full service helpline and choosing, “Option 2,” followed by, “Option 6.”Telephone: 0800 328 5644. Textphone: 0800 328 1344. Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.To request an application via alternative/accessible formats, such as Braille, large print or audio CD, also use the above numbers.


When you make your claim, you’ll need to provide the following information:Your bank account details.Your National Insurance number.Home and mobile telephone numbers.A medical certificate.Your GP’s address and phone number.Mortgage or landlord details.A council tax bill.Your employer’s address, telephone number and dates of employment, or the last date on which you worked.Details of any other money you have coming in, such as benefits or sick pay.


If your application is rejected and you disagree with the decision, you can appeal to the Social Security and Child Support Tribunal. You must usually ask for, “Mandatory reconsideration,” before doing this.

For further information, visit the GOV.UK website: https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance

Oxford City’s Councils stance on homeless people

Oxford City's Councils stance on homeless people

The Oxford City Council has threatened rough sleepers with fines up to £2,500. Many homeless people in the area have found legal notices pinned to their bags stating that their presence was having a damaging effect on the quality of life of others in the area. These notices explain that those targeted are breaching antisocial behaviour laws and that the recipients must remove their possessions within 2 days or they will be faced with a fine. 

However, this act has received criticism from the likes of former county councillor, Larry Sanders (brother of former US Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders) who argues that vulnerable people are not bettered by fines and harassment, and that if anything were to help it would be "thoughtful kindness". Sanders believes the real underlying issue is government cuts and the housing crisis, not the homeless people themselves. 

David Thomas, leader of Oxford city council's Green group and Green Party Councillor describes the legal notices left by the council as an incorrect use of antisocial behaviour legislation. He explains how Oxford City do not have their priorities straight, since they are refusing to re-open a 50-bed hostel in the city centre whilst trying to force the homeless off the street. 

Oxford City Council responded to this criticism via its Twitter account, claiming that bags had been left outside blocking fire escape doors which was dangerous and a risk to those inside. They also added that they work closely with homelessness charities to help rough sleepers in Oxford and donate £1.4m a year to fund a range of support services. 

Those who are living on the streets of Oxford have explained that they have had their possessions confiscated by the council, and much of this were items that the public had donated to them. Oxford City Council have argued that there is no need for bags and possessions to be cluttering the streets when there are lockers provided for the homeless to use. However, one homeless man from Oxford said that the lockers were not big enough and that the city needs a good storage system for things to start getting better. 

Rough sleeper

Despite the Council's claims. Oxford still has the highest number of rough sleepers outside of London, and there have been a number of strikes and campaigns in the city over the last decade to try and persuade the council to abandon their plans to abort all of those living on the streets.

A letter to a homeless person. (Details have been redacted, the original can be found at http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/news/15427471.Rough_sleepers_given_notices_warning_they_could_be_prosecuted)